There are some areas in Leidschendam-Voorburg where you can park on the street for free or for a short period with a parking disc (blue zones). Shopping centres also have free parking lots.
- There are several ‘blue zones’ in Leidschendam-Voorburg. You can recognise them by the blue strip along the kerb or side of the road. In a blue zone, you may use a parking disc to park for free for a short period (1 or 2 hours). See the map of blue zones (in Dutch) for specific parking times per zone. Click on the blue zone in the map to see when you must use the parking disc
- If you live or own a business in a blue zone, you can apply for a blue zone parking exemption (in Dutch)
- If you have a handicapped parking permit, you can park anywhere in the blue zones for an unlimited time. But you must place the permit where it is visible behind the windscreen
- Blue zones do not apply on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter Monday, King’s Day, Ascension Day, Pentecost, Christmas and Boxing Day
- If your street is not a blue zone, you can park anytime for an unlimited period.
A parking garage with around 200 parking spaces is located underneath the shops on the Damplein. You can park here protected from the elements with a blue parking disc. If you live nearby, you can apply for a parking permit (in Dutch) to use the parking garage after opening hours. People living in the immediate vicinity can apply for a parking exemption (in Dutch) to park in the garage during the day.
The Parkeren LV app is a handy way to find a free parking space in the Damcentrum. The app is available for free via the Google Playstore or the App Store.
Westfield The Mall of the Netherlands
The shopping centre offers around 4,000 free parking spaces, most of which are covered.
Shopping centre De Julianabaan has a parking garage where you can park protected from the elements with a blue parking disc. There are also many blue zone parking spaces near the shopping centre.
You can park for free at the shopping centre with a blue parking disc.
Huygenskwartier and NS station Voorburg
Parking near the Huygenskwartier is free with a blue parking disc. The parking garage at Voorburg train station offers a few parking spaces that do not require a blue parking disc. A parking garage in the Raadhuisstraat offers covered parking. Please note that blue zone parking rules apply in the parking garage.
Other parking rules
You may not park caravans, campers, trailers, etc. on public roads for more than 3 consecutive days.